Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Daily Life

Alright so today in la clase de espanol Nick proceeded to inform our profesora that "yo tengo mucho mierda".. literally translated 'I have much shit'...... thanks Nick for letting us into your life.

Anyways I thought I'd quickly write this entry to give you an idea of what the day to day grind has been like so far.  Nick and I started our intensive Spanish course on Monday and basically have covered more in three days than I learned in my five years of high/middle school Spanish.  We have a big exam Friday and it should be quite interesting.  Today Nick and I got a head start studying while hanging outside a bar/tavern enjoying la cerveza nacionale San Miguel.  Its not too bad, but so far my favorite has been la cerveza CruzCampo.  Anyways..

For breakfast, most Spaniards eat very light; for instance, mi madre just has coffee in the morning.  After an early breakfast it is off to la Universidad de Alicante which is about a 40 minute trip via walking and bus.  After four hours of Spanish class we return to the city to our casas for la comida (lunch).  This is the biggest meal of the day and usually occurs around 2 or 3pm.  Here comes my favorite part.  After lunch and up until 5ish is la SIESTA!!!!  I have not failed to pass out during this period once- the midday nap is perhaps the most glorious aspect of the Spanish lifestyle.  La cena (dinner) is incredibly late here- it starts no earlier than 9 and usually is around 10.

Time for some homework. 

~Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment