Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Days

-This blog has been translated into English for your convenience-

Alright so the trip out was long and largely sleepless for me.  The cervezas Nick and I had the morning we crossed paths in the Madrid airport were enjoyable.  Then off we went to Alicante where we were greeted to 110 degree heat.  Needless to say I was wiped out.

On the second day I finally hit the beach after orientation and it was amazing.  The sand is as fine and the water warmer than anything I've ever experienced.  A few of us swam out and more or less frolicked on a floating dock.  The swim was a tad arduous, but at the same time it is incredibly easy to float in the water.

That night we hit the barrio for a night on the town.  In Spain the schedule is quite different; people don't start going out until after midnight on the weekends to fiesta.  The scene was hopping- I think its safe to say Alicante is everything Nick hopes Hampton Beach could be and then some..

Sunday we met our families.  I have a madre and padre, along with two dogs and a cat.  I like the dogs- but the cat has been my nemesis so far.  We have had many territorial battles for control of my room so far.  I think I'm starting to make it known this is my room.  Although yesterday I had to siesta in a chair because he claimed my bed.  There's nothing I can do, if i try to move him when he doesn't want to be moved he clasps my hand and tries to bite.. and he knows this is war- yesterday while he was sleeping he was on his back practicing punching in his dreams.  I got a little scared.  Right now, however, I have control of the room.  [most of this story is largely jest, i think we can learn to get along].  Mis padres are very nice.

Anyways, I'm still in the process of getting settled in.  Hopefully in the coming days I can settle into a nice rhythm.  The city of Alicante is fantastic and I think I will enjoy the coming months tremendously.

~ Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment