Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Live from Bulls

I am sitting in McDonald's in 'Bulls,' which is basically the Homeless Man's version of what I imagine San Antonio was like in the 80s as far as I can tell. Just had two $.60 soft serves- likely the best $1.20 a thru-hiker can spend in NZ.

In other breaking news: Alex and I are no longer walking together. The best choice for both of us.

I'm solo for the first time and its going alright on day two so far. I'm meeting up with a German guy named Philipp and a Belgian named Arne in Palmerston North tomorrow at 2pm to finish up the north island as a three 'man' group after 90+km on my own (they're planning to hitch hike most of this section as there's a decent amount of road walking). I still have some walking to go today, but it's 80 and sunny and life's ok.

Pictures include:
-a random green tin shed on the side of the highway yesterday
-a shot of Turakina Beach from this morning
- me in a pine forest during lunch when I didn't QUITE have good enough reception for a successful call home (sorry Mom and Dad!)
happy 2013 everyone!

Nick






No comments:

Post a Comment